The German Centre for Research and Innovation- DWIH New Delhi participated in AI India 2019, India's first global trade show focused on AI (Artificial Intelligence), hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) from 3rd to 5th February 2019. The 3-day extravaganza showcased case studies, research, applications, equipment, Next-Gen technologies and strategies from the world of Artificial Intelligence, thereby providing an opportunity to explore and discover the practical and successful implementation of AI in India to drive business forward in 2018 and beyond.
Germany was one of the focus countries, with a dedicated pavilion (of which DWIH New Delhi was a part) highlighting German trade, research and innovation. The thrust of the DWIH New Delhi's outreach programme at AI India was to promote Germany as a premier destination for research worldwide and to highlight what we offer, namely:
- an active link between stakeholders in public and private sectors and scientific communities in India and Germany.
- Institutional networking within the innovation ecosystem through collaboration opportunities, seminars, and conferences etc.
- a platform for young talent in innovation and entrepreneurship from India and Germany.
- support for bilateral projects between Germany and India in areas of science, technology, innovation, research, and development.
- a platform highlighting German contributions to science, research and innovation amongst Indian academics, scientists and researchers.
- assistance to scholars, young researchers and scientists in engaging with German universities and institutions.
The event also served as a highly effective opportunity to build new, mutually beneficial connections with people from academia and industry, as well as from independent researchers and young professionals seeking to develop and execute worthwhile projects. Last, but not the least, visitors showed substantial interest in DWIH New Delhi’s upcoming Indo- German Symposium, centered around the "Future of Work."
The Indo German Symposium, a flagship event of DWIH New Delhi, is slated to be held from 19th-20th March 2019. It will bring together eminent Indian and German academicians, scientists, researchers, policymakers and representatives of international organisations to deepen our understanding of the changing world of work and the impact of AI on future workspaces, workforce, work processes and on people.
The DWIH Supporters, particularly the Indo German Chambers of Commerce (IGCC) played a key role in the successful culmination of the programme.